More about The Representation Of The People Act 50p
- The Representation Of The People Act 50p is the only official UK coin to celebrate the centenary of the Representation of the People Act 1918
- A historic anniversary – women’s right to vote for the first time, a major victory for the suffragist movement
- A reverse design by Royal Mint graphic designer Stephen Taylor inspired by posters of the period
How much is a 1918 Peoples Act 50p worth?
The People’s Act 50p is worth £0.50 in average condition and around £1.25 for a coin in great condition.
- For a circulated coin in average condition, it is only worth face value (FV) of 50p
- A UK coin collector may pay more for a circulated coin in excellent condition, around £1.25
- An uncirculated coin in a sealed coin pack from The Royal Mint are averaging £8 to £12
- Royal Mint sealed bags of 20 coins are showing sold on eBay.co.uk for £12 to £15
- Silver Proof coins average £35
These are average prices we have researched on recent eBay.co.uk sold listings and not valuations of specific individual coins.
How rare is the Representation of the People Act 50p?
With 9 million coins in general circulation, the 1918 Peoples Act 50p is a very common coin to find in your pocket change. See all Rare 50p coins.
Representation of the People Act 50p Coin Design
The First World War cost the lives of millions of men who answered the call to fight for their country.
Representation of the People Act 50p 2018 Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
The People Act 50p issued directly from the Royal Mint coin shop in a Brilliant Uncirculated Coin pack.
These packs often have additional information about the coin and the event it is celebrating.
BU = Brilliant Uncirculated. means it was purchased directly from the Royal mint and never in general circulation.
|Reverse Designer||Stephen Taylor|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Reverse Legend||1918 Representation of the People Act|
|Obverse Legend||50 PENCE • 2018 • ELIZABETH II • D • G • REG • F • D|
|Issued By||The Royal Mint|
|Alloy||75% copper, 25% nickel|